Sunday, August 5, 2012

Two

Today Lily is two.  As I started to explain in my last post, we had an interesting start.   After a blessedly fast stage of active labor and only 15 minutes of pushing, at 9:54 AM on August 5, 2010 my doctor announced "It's a girl" and put our baby on my tummy - and our lives changed forever.   My fear of being someone's mom went away and I fell in love with the little person who we had wanted so much and waited for 9 months to meet.  Every day, being Lily's mom reminds me that raising her and her future sibling(s) is what I'm on this earth to do.  In some ways it feels like it was just yesterday and in others it feels like it's been a lifetime.  

It's been two years since I went to bed without checking on my sleeping little girl in the next room.  

It's been two years of going everywhere with a diaper bag.  

It's been two years of having to put breakable things away or on high shelves out of reach of little hands.

It's been two years of snuggles, cuddles, and love.  

It's been the best two years of my life.  

Happy birthday, my girl.  


1 comment:

Meredith said...

Great post. I have a lot of similar thoughts!