Sunday, August 12, 2012

A summery sweater

Since I've been on a knitting kick lately, here is a project I finished yesterday morning.   It's a short sleeved sweater with lace sleeves and a mock button yoke.   The pattern is called Hine and I bought it along with the companion pattern Tama in an e-book.   I used Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK as the yarn - I really liked the pattern but was less than thrilled with the yarn.  It's an 80/20 blend of bamboo and wool and has a lovely drape and sheen, but was really splitty and had 2-3 knots per ball.  For the price I paid, I expect better quality.  

I knit the 2 year size and it ended up being a little big on my petite kid.  She should be able to wear it all fall and winter and into the spring with no problem.

In progress:

Finished (but unblocked, so there's unevenness):




No comments: