Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Merrily we Pin along

I, like most people, use Pinterest as a way to collect cool ideas, 95% of which I will never actually execute.   Aside from sewing or knitting, I can think of maybe 4-5 projects that I've actually pinned that I ended up going through with.  The rest are kind of like dream or mood boards - it would be cool, but we/I lack the money/time/energy to do them.

One area where pinning works for me is in sewing or knitting projects.   For sewing, it's because I'm still a beginner and am way cheap about buying paper patterns at the store, so tutorials and how-tos and free patterns online are awesome.  Knitting is a little different because I'm an advanced knitter and only rarely need tutorials, plus I use my Ravelry queue to stay organized, but I like to pin specific projects in specific yarns/colorways to remind myself of what yarn purchases I'd like to make.

I've started pinning for Baby Wiggle.  Since we have most of the big ticket stuff that babies need, the baby will be in our room for a while and then sharing Lily's gender-neutral bedroom, and we aren't finding out the sex until delivery, there's not much to do to get ready aside from small fun projects.   Some of my upcoming baby projects are:

Sewing
Roll-up diaper changer
Burp cloths
Car seat canopy (disclaimer: absolutely not for use while the car is in motion)
Car caddy

Knitting
Gift Wrap Romper - this is going to be Wiggle's coming home outfit!

Surplice Baby Jacket
Newborn Vertebrae
Stay-on Baby Booties

Baby Surprise Jacket (3-6 month size for fall/winter wear)
Small Things Sweater (also knit in 6 month size)


Would anyone like to take bets on how much of this I actually finish in the next ~20 weeks?



No comments: