Saturday, April 28, 2012

Un-paper towels

Paper towels are expensive, plus my beloved Bounty isn't exactly environmentally friendly.   A little while ago I pinned a tutorial on Pinterest for some un-paper towels made from flannel and terry, with snaps to keep them on a roll.

Here is the tutorial, and here is my finished result:


I picked up a bright flannel print and off-white terry from Joann Fabrics and used leftover snaps from my KAMsnaps order.  I cut out a baker's dozen of towels from two yards of each fabric; I was able to switch directions so that 6 had the pattern running vertically and 7 horizontally.

These work great - even better than paper towels.  One of them is enough to clean up a messy toddler, the table, and her booster seat after a meal!   We put them in a small plastic basket in the bathroom corner until wash day.

No comments: