Sunday, September 2, 2012

Small knitting projects

I've done a couple of small projects in the last few weeks.

The first is a Brattleboro Hat for myself.  Love!  I knit it in Malabrigo Rios, which has rapidly become my favorite superwash wool (unfortunately it's not cheap, although not as expensive as the gorgeous Tosh Vintage or DIC Classy).  Mal Rios is so soft and smooshy and easy on the hands to knit.   If I hit the lotto jackpot I'll be buying enough Rios to knit myself a freaking afghan.



The second is an Aviatrix hat for Lily, in the 2-4 year size.  It's just right for her giant noggin, but I wasn't able to get an action shot.  Also in Rios, but a different colorway that I bought a while ago for a cowl for myself.   I have more than enough yarn left over to knit her matching mittens!    


Finally, I taught myself to double crochet (thanks, YouTube) so that I could finish Lily's Elenka dress.  It's a size 2 with extra length in the skirt, knit in Lion Brand Cotton-Ease (see, I'm not that much of a yarn snob!).  No action shot yet, but she needs to wear it soon before it gets too cold.   I'm using the remaining yarn in the ball to knit a little diaper/underwear cover because the openwork in the skirt is a little more open than I'd like.  


I have a BIG project that I just finished, which I started in October 2011.  It's a shawl for me, knit in a lovely baby alpaca/merino/cashmere blend which is obscenely warm and cozy.   It's blocking now.  

No comments: