Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spring cleaning

I'm trying to get some spring cleaning done.  It's not going smoothly, since we have a perpetual mountain of laundry in the basement, but this is an ongoing issue for us that I'm trying to get control of.   The first (and really, only) step is to wash everything and either pack it away in storage or put it in closets/dressers.

I called out sick today because I really do feel like crap, but I can't justify laying on the couch so I'm trying to be productive.   I've done two loads of laundry from the mountain, packed away all of L's 12-18 month clothes and her 18-24 month cold weather clothes, cut out PUL for a diaper cover that I'm going to sew this afternoon, touched up paint from when we installed chair rail in our dining room six months ago (embarrassing that it's taken this long), and worked on organizing the playroom.   We need to anchor the new desk to the wall for safety and then M needs to move his desktop computer over to it.   Once that's done, we can move the old desk to the basement for storage, move L's toys in from the living room, and we'll be in business!

M and I are planning our summer DIY/home improvement projects, but now that our playroom will be done and the dining room "refresh" will be finished, most of those projects will focus on the exterior of our home.   At some point we need to hire a chimney sweep to come in and sweep the chimney and install a cap so that we can safely use the fireplace next winter.  As a result of the three trees that came down in our backyard during last year's freak October snowstorm, we'll have a ton of firewood (maybe literally!).






No comments: